1. Mr Ram Nath Kovind was born on 01st October 1945 at Derapur, a town in Kanpur Dehat district in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
2. After completing his schooling, Mr Kovind has completed his bachelor’s degrees both in commerce and law from Kanpur University.
3. Mr Kovind cleared prestigious UPSC exam but refused to join as he was selected for allied service rather IAS.
5. Mr Kovind has become Rajya Sabha MP in April 1994 from Uttar Pradesh and served for two consecutive terms for 12 years until March 2006.
6. Mr Kovind has also served as member on several important parliamentary committees, where some of the important committees are
• Parliamentary committee on Home affairs,
• Parliamentary committee on petroleum and natural gas,
• Parliamentary committee on law and justice.
7. Mr Kovind has served as a board member at Dr B.R. Ambedkar University in Luknow and the Indian Institute of Management in Kolkatta
8. Mr Kovind has represented India in UN and addressed the United Nations general assembly in October 2002.
9. Mr Kovind has been appointed as Governor of Bihar by the President of India on 08th August 2015 and on 16th August 2015 the acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court Mr Iqbal Ahmad Ansari administered the oath to Mr Kovind as 36th Governor of Bihar.
10. Mr Kovind has secured a clear majority in winning the presidential election and taking over as 14th President of republic India. He was the second Dalit President of India after KR Narayanan.
11. Mr Kovind will be the 1st president of republic India from Uttar Pradesh a state that has given nine prime ministers to the country till date.