1. The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. In exact terms it is 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second – that is equal to 186,287.49 miles per second).
2. Even travelling at the speed of light it would take 2 million years to reach the nearest large galaxy, Andromeda.
3.The Earth spins at 1,000 mph but it travels through space at an incredible 67,000 mph.
4. Every year over one million earthquakes shake the Earth.
5. DNA was first discovered in 1869 by Swiss Friedrich Mieschler.
6. The first synthetic human chromosome was constructed by US scientists in 1997.
7. Human tapeworms can grow up to 22.9m.
8.Every year over one million earthquakes shake the Earth.
9. Each rubber molecule is made of 65,000 individual atoms.
10.The earliest wine makers lived in Egypt around 2300 BC.