1.The pupil of your eye expands as much as 45% when you look at someone you love.
2. Human corneas are so similar to shark corneas that they have been used as a replacement in human eye surgery.
3. Each eye contains 107 million cells, and all of them are light sensitive.
4. One in every 12 males is colour blind.
5. The human eye only sees three colours: red, blue and green. All other colours are combinations of these.
6.Your eyes are about 2.5 cm across and weight about 8 grams.
7. Only one sixth of the human eyeball is exposed.
8. In an average lifetime, eyes see 24 million different images.
9. While a fingerprint has 40 unique characteristics, an iris has 256. This is why retina scans are increasingly being used for security purposes.
10 People say ’in the blink of an eye’ because it’s the fastest muscle in the body. A blink usually lasts 100 to 150 milliseconds, and it’s possible to blink five times in a second.
11.The eyes on average blink 17 times per minute, 14,280 times per day, and 5.2 million times per year.
12. Eyes can process about 36,000 bits of information each hour.
13. Brown eyes are actually blue underneath the brown pigment, and as a result there exists a laser procedure to turn brown eyes blue permanently.
14. Your eye will focus on about 50 things per second.
15. The images which our eyes send to our brains are actually sent backwards and upside down.